Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"Influence" by David Bernstein (Review)

Influence is a dystopian novel that follows our protagonist, Kaylin who's on the run with her friend Amanda. She has the unique ability to "push" which makes her a target of The Magnus Order and Vernon Society.

Influence was a wonderful, intriguing novel. I like how the writing flowed all throughout the story making it more of a treat. Kaylin was a genuine protagonist, you could just feel her emotions and in a way understand her. Kaylin and Amanda, her friend, have a seemingly unbreakable bond which I personally appreciated. Influence is different from other dystopian books, the plot building made the book flow on by and keeps you wanting more of the bonds of friendship or the action in the adventure. For all those reason, I believe this reading is well written.

Now then, onto one of the more saddening parts, the problems I found. Personally I adored this book and read it fairly quickly yet it at times felt rushed for me. The beginning felt a tad bit slow and uneventful but that didn't really bother me at first. It wasn't until I was a little more than half way through the novel that I just wanted more action and excitement. In the end, there were some parts of the novel felt like it was rushed. Other than that minor issue, I found relatively no problems with the novel.

All in all, I genuinely would recommend this book to anyone and truly any dystopian fan. This novel does not disappoint. I'm intending to read the next addition in the series when it comes out.

I'm giving Influence a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. Hope you enjoyed! Caio-

No comments:

Post a Comment